Monday, April 16, 2007

National Library Week

We are celebrating National Library Week this week with "thankyou" gifts of book marks for the faculty and staff - if they come by. :-) And hopefully we plan to have candy available on Friday for anyone who stops in. This is also Amnesty Week this week and we are doing 3 skits in chapel. Today was the first one of "Erkleline and Ernestine" - talking about all the neat resources "at the library." It went well, if I do say so myself. It was taken off the idea of the character Erkle in Family matters. (I didn't know thaaaaaaaaaaat.) Erkleline was kind of a cross between Erkle and a clumsy hillbilly. Even the unplanned dropping of the canvas, and hitting the mike with the easel (Did I do thaaaaaaaaaat?) went well with the skit. We have two more planned for this week: stewardship and (Not) loaning your library card.

We also put a bulletin board together. Being a Christian college/academic library - I try to take the theme ALA comes up with and see how I can adapt it to our situation. So this year, we cut out a sillouette and cut it into puzzle pieces. Each piece is labeled with a Godly characteristic. It is fastened to the board, with the theme above and a statement that "Hilda Kroeker Library is committed to helping godly characteristics come together in your life." i.e. When all these pieces "come together" they will make you into the person God wants you to be.

Here is the Ye Old Library Blog that tells their plans. What are you doing? Leave me a note and let me know you visited my site.

If I have time to find others I'll post them here.

No comments: