Thursday, May 15, 2008

Another school year comes to an end.

Sometimes, life happens very slooooooooooooowlllllyyyyyyyyyyyy......... Then, there are times that life happens so fast you don’t have time to catch your breath.

At the moment, - in some ways, my life is whirling by me so fast I can’t keep up with everything, especially the peripherals like blogging. There have been a variety of things I have wanted to post – links and other information helpful to the library world. But this will not be the case, at least for a while.

Graduation and all its flurry of activity was this past week culminating with the graduation ceremonies on Saturday morning and yes that is Mother’s Day weekend to boot. (see what I mean?) So it has been hectic to get all the year end tasks done, the year end parties and events attended (of course), and good byes said. This year takes on an even more significance as this will be my last time to participate in the academic pageantry of graduation. And I love pageantry! But I don’t like goodbyes.

Life does not stand still. It may seem to stall sometimes, or at least stop in one place. But inevitably it does change. So I am facing a change in my personal life that will take me away from this wonderful place. [I don’t have rosy glasses on. No place is perfect and this employment has had its trials to endure but it has still been the best place I have every worked.]

In the next month or so my family will be moving to another state and another life. I am not sure if I will even be able to stay in the “Library World,” at least from an employment stand point. Time will tell. So after today, I may not be posting for a while. For some reason I am not able to write and publish any blogs from my computer at home. It is temperamental.

I will post three new links here I just recently came across regarding typos in library catalogs. Make that one. Others were in the same blog.

Well – here are a few more I recently learned about.

Library vocabulary: - something you always wanted to know, I’m sure!

I’ve had this one a while. Wish I would remember about this one: bible subject headings

Lot’s of helps here.

Here’s one for some humor.

This one really is a standard but I just recently bookmarked it. You probably already know about it.

Enjoy! And “Carry On”!

No comments: