Monday, August 21, 2006

On the verge of starting a new school year

I see I am falling behind and the new school year hasn't even officially started yet! We had our annual "All-Calvary Advance" last week, Thursday (17th). It is our faculty/staff orientation meeting for the new school year. New faculty and staff are introduced, changes in the handbooks are passed out, etc. We have been pushing really hard to get everything done we want to before the students arrive in full. (Some have already started trickling in.) I have gotten the daffodils painted in the ladies restroom last week. This week I want to do tulips, but I also have to get signs ready and tables arranged for Registration on Thursday, as I am not here Wednesdays. This has to be all done by tomorrow evening. Tomorrow is our last "work day" but I don't know how much of that type of work (such as the tulip painting) I will have time to do.

I haven't even had time to get orders for supplies turned in, until last Friday. I should have gotten them turned in a month ago. We have a 2-week delay in our approval process so that really slows things down. We have books waiting to be processed and students arrive in 3 days. It will be Sept 1st, probably before I will even get them approved. Then they will still need to be ordered. So the stress and tension is begining to build. Everyone is under a lot of pressure because there is still so much to do. Unfortunatly my impatience with circumstances beyond my control got the best of me today. In my devotions today I prayed that the Lord would help me watch what I say. When I did, the thought crossed my mind, 'I wonder what will happen today to test that.' Well, I found out and I would have to say I did not get a very good grade on the test!

Unbeknowns to anyone here except for one person, I have been considering another position in a public library closer to where I grew up. But I have decided I don't think I will apply. I never relish the idea of packing and moving. But given how close my husband is to retiring (about 6 years), I think it would be best if we stay put somewhat. At least even if we did move, we would do so, only so he could still maintain his current job. It would just be nice if I could be closer to mine. Half way between the two would be better than the way it is now. We could probably shave off 30 minutes of my drive if we made a small move. But for now we are staying put.

No comments: