Monday, August 07, 2006

Summer's almost over

School starts in 2 ½ weeks.

The ladies bathroom isn’t finished
The periodicals aren’t moved
The storage room isn’t done
The file cabinets never got cleaned out
The computer lab didn’t get moved
Where has the summer gone?

It always happens this way. Goodness, what did I do? Trained a new staff member, substituted for others on vacation, painted, took a vacation, attended a conference, requested books from outside our system (ILL), checked cataloging, wrote reports, put out “fires,” waited on the front desk, answered the phone, assisted patrons, worked in the seminary library, checked time sheets, turned in invoices, downloaded free ebooks, signed and faxed contracts, learned a new courier system, attended monthly consortium meetings, took a one day field trip … Need I say more? OK. Created a new in-house cutter table, wrote thank you letters, vacuumed, did opening procedures, and closing procedures, answered questions (staff and patron), consulted with faculty members, did evaluations, got evaluated, (I’m still here) :-), submitted a revised budget, laminated, processed new ID’s… That’s enough. (Although there is more, I’ll stop!)
Whew! It’s no wonder I didn’t get all my summer projects done! I'll be glad when the students come back. Maybe I can get more done! (ha!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... Jansport corduroy backpacks Free virus scanner download saunas