Monday, December 17, 2007

Let it snow!

Oh, the weather outside is frightful, but the picture outside the window is delightful!!!! (to "pare a phrase.")

We had some ice last week through about Wed. The temps rose just enough to melt most of it. The roads were all cleared. Now, today, Saturday we have woken up to a little bit of snow. We didn't get as much as predicted (3-5 inches), but I'd say there's at least an inch out there. Glad I'm home!

I did have a student worker ask me Monday of last week – when the ice storm was still being anticipated: "if classes are canceled, will we still be open?" I told her, sure, I was here (I stay over night twice a week on campus) and the students were here, of course we would. Somebody might want the chance to get some extra studying done. The look on her face told me how she felt about that! But fortunately we didn't have to test her commitment to her job.

Have you ever looked at an individual snowflake? Did you know it is always made up of 6 sections and there are never any two alike? And there's been a LOT of snowflakes dropped on this ole world! What an imaginative Creator we have.

This definition, "White ice crystals that have combined in a complex branched hexagonal form" was found here.

No comments: