Monday, July 15, 2013

Dig Beneath the Surface

That is this year's Summer Reading Program theme. Even the staff sign up for it. I have read (finished) 1 book so far this summer. Today my name was drawn for this week's staff drawing!!! Woo Hoo.

It was a $25 gift certificate at a local BBQ restaurant!!! Ahhhhhh! To die for! Guess where we had supper tonight! I had four luscious ribs, corn on the cob and more cole slaw than I could eat. (It really wasn't that much slaw, but I made sure I ate everything else first and was quite full!) I did get about half of the slaw eaten. I had over $2 left over which I put towards the tip!

That gift card didn't last long! My husband picked me up at 5:00 and we headed right for the restaurant. It was gone by 6:00!!! Can't beat that, though - no dishes to wash or a kitchen to clean up and a wonderful meal, to boot!!

No comments: