Thursday, July 04, 2013

What are the odds???

There may be nothing to come of this encounter, but just the fact that this much has even happened is amazing. I'd put it on the level of a "God Thing."

I was working the reference desk when a patron came in. I helped him with his question then commented on his cap. It had a certain sports logo on it.  He said he used to live in that state. I asked him where, with a motive for asking. He named a town - which is 17 miles west of where we used to live. I related to him that I used to live in this other town. [In fact we still have our house there, waiting for someone to buy it.]

He replied with 'I just drove through [said town] looking to see if there were any houses for sale!!!

X - drop jaw open here!!!

So the next few minutes were spent sharing with him about our house and what it was like, etc. Whether he ends up buying it or not, this alone is a rather Odds-busting encounter!!!

Whoda thunk???

No comments: