Thursday, January 10, 2008

Depersonalize

It is so easy to let our emotions get in our way of making wise decisions and directing our reactions. But one must strive to maintain objectivity when reaching for a goal.

I have steadfastly, for some time now, contended that a cataloger, even without a degree or previous experience needs to be paid more than any other entry level staff position in this institution.

I have researched, compared, and reported my findings to my A. D. He even agreed with me that they should start out at a higher level. The business manager shot it done because it’s not the current policy.

However, policies should serve the people not dictate/rule over them. Today I was encouraged to learn that the administration is going to review how the wage rates are determined. Hopefully this will end up with “this” entry level job getting paid more then “that” entry level job. It’s not always apples to apples. In fact, hardly ever is.



…Sometimes it’s a fruit salad!  (whatever that means!)

No comments: