Saturday, February 23, 2008

Announcement

At our last Faculty meeting, which was February 12th, Dr. J. C. (academic dean) read my resignation to the faculty. This is about a month earlier than when these are usually done, but it was prompted by a pre-mature announcement from another organization about my husband being called as pastor to a church in Arkansas. Well obviously it would be next to impossible (on this salary anyway) to live in Arkansas and work in Kansas City, MO. So I will be leaving the end of the school year, probably around the end of May to mid-June. My last working day will probably be the last Friday of the month, then I'll have tacked on what vacation days are left.

We are both looking forward to this move, but it will be an emotional departure to leave CBCTS. It's been a good 7 years for me, and hopefully for them as well. I have probably learned more than I have given. At least I feel like I have. But I hope I have helped this institution in some small way to further the education of students and therefore their future ministry.

Already we are spending every other weekend in Arkansas at the church where he has been called to pastor. I am even writing this tonight from the hotel where we are staying. We came down early Saturday to look at houses. So the transition is already in the works.

I know the Lord already has in place who is going to follow in my footsteps. He also already knows where He will lead me next in looking for employment in our new area of residence and ministry.

What will be the future of this blog? I haven't decided as it is named after the mascot of CBCTS. I may see if I can successfully change the name, or continue under the same, or leave it and start another. Time WILL tell! Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Lori Thornton said...

Suzanne you can always create another blog if you wish. Wishing you the best in Arkansas.